São João wineries are an independent family business. Founded in 1920, these wineries are preparing their 100th anniversary. This company has always been associated with avant-garde and tradition. In 1930 this company started to sell sparkling wine and in 1959 started to market high-quality bottled wines, both at national and international levels. Inspired in the past, this company reintroduced the universal varieties in Quinta do Poço do Lobo, bought in 1971. It is impossible to write the history of the production of Bairrada wine without mentioning São João wineries.
- Founded in 1920, is the oldest active company in Anadia council;
- Conciliates avant-garde and tradition, combining the most modern winemaking technologies and quality control with traditional methods of production and the use of coark-coated labels which are manually applied;
- The wine cellar comprises thousands of bottles of unequalled quality wines, true rarities, national and even world vinous jewels, of 60, 70, 80 and 90 decades, and has long been considered one of the best and most well-stuffed national prestigious company, mainly due to the high quality and quantity of the wines;
- The commemorative project which aims to launch a limited edition of bottles, one per each decade, which ends in 2020. This allows to wine lovers to start a collection that will be appreciated and valuated by the future generations;
- The high-quality of the wines, sparkling wines and brandy.
Contactos / Horário
Open: Monday to Friday - from 9:00 am to 12:30 pm and from 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm. Close: Weekend and holidays.
Open to wine tourism, by appointment.
Caves São João
São João de Azenha (Anadia) - Apartado 1
3781 - 901 AVELÃS DE CAMINHO - PORTUGAL
Coordinates: N: 40º29'41, W: 8º27'15